Monday

How to Use NOTEPAD to Save Text Files In Any Format & Extensions

...

As we know, Notepad is a plain text editor, that would Normally save your texts in ".txt" extension.
To launch this application, hit your Windows Start button >> All Programs > Accessories, there you'll find it.

Notepad

There are many other text files your Notepad can open for your use in editing,
Examples are:
.xml
.js
.html
.php
.css etc
a few DOC files (Microsoft Documents) and many others.
But then, if you EDIT the file and want to "Save As New", you're likely to have come across a problem, it keeps saving with default format.

Just the other day, I downloaded a JavaScript file ( .js ), I Opened it with Notepad after doing what I wanted to inside the script, I needed to save it in ".js" extension, unluckily it was rather saving as ".txt" which is the typical extension Notepad uses to save its files.
I needed it to be in its default extension, so it could work on the webpage I wanna use it for.
After saving as *txt, I tried renaming the file extension, removed only the *txt in the file name, yet, the typical file type REMAINED a *txt file.


If you experience such difficulties,

Here's how you can Save a File in its Default Extension, or save to Any New Extension you want using NOTEPAD

> Click the Save As New
> Move down  to "Save as File Type" just below File Name, Click "All Files"
> Go up to File Name Again, Write the any name you want to give the file > put a dot sign (.) after the name and include the File Extension (i.e myJavascriptfile.js , myFile.html or MyFile.xml etc)
and Hit Save
Notepad windows

It will Save it by the File extension you gave it.

Found this helpful? Or got questions, leave a comment or say thanks by Sharing with friends.
Peace!


...



Why Not Share This Post? It Takes Just A Second!!


Author: Edi Dominic Ifediri

Best described as a geek with a mixture of skills in drawing comics, Content-Writing, Computing and Mobile technology, this was due to his passion for Arts and Sciences since the age of 14 that he kicked off with the mobile web. He is the Founder/Chief-Editor at EdiTweaks which had almost been noticed as one of Nigeria's Best Tech blogs
You can add me on Facebook., follow my updates on Twitter or your Connections on LinkedIn
By the way, if your website/blog needs some tweaking, custom design or Optimization, you can Contact me here

Come on, hit us with a Comment. Love to hear what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting!
    Keep up the

    superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll.
    I think it will improve the value

    of my web site :)
    my page: Gryphonwing.us

    ReplyDelete


Your Comments are Welcome.
You can Use Google Account To Leave a Comment, if You don't have a Google Account, You can add only Your Name, Click COMMENT AS >> Select NAME/URL >> Put your Name, (Leave URL empty if you don't have a website) >> then Write Your Comment in the Comment box and click Publish.

If you're here to Spam, Sorry, it won't work.

Let's enjoy and have a Reasonable conversation.
Thank You.