Saturday

First Software Update Comes to Infinix Hot X507

...

Infinix Mobility Developers Team have rolled out their First Software Update on the Infinix Hot X507's Operating System (Android 4.4-Kitkat).
This is the first OS update we are getting since the smartphone arrived the market last December 2014.

ALSO READ: How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note and Hot Note Pro and others to Lollipop

The Software update Alert came up yesterday evening around 5:29pm, I immediately took the screenshot, seems I'm among the first who got the alert on my way back from CarlCare where I went to pick up my smartphone.
This Update Fixed some issues like:
  • Modify LCD Striped issue
  • Add delete account option in Email
  • Application name shown in Backup and restore App in Arabic
  • etc

Infinix Hot X507

The Modify LCD Striped issue will Fix the white Or blur Lines that shows on the screen. Those who complain their Screen blinks while watching videos or something, the Update may also fix that too.

How To do the Infinix Hot X507 Software Update:
Swipe Down >> Go to Settings >> All >> ABOUT PHONE >> SYSTEM UPDATES
You can Alternatively find the System Updates icon in the phone's Menu where all your Apps are arranged.
The Update takes only 89MB.
If your Infinix Hot is rooted, please Unroot the Device before performing the Update (this is due to much complaints we have gotten about people's phone getting bricked when updating their Android), you can Unroot using Kingo User App or SuperUser App found at Google PlayStore.
Sometimes, Unrooting is not necessary but will reduce risk of Bricking your Android while performing any Software Update so we'd advice you unroot your device if it's rooted, before doing any upgrade or update.

We hope this update fix any issues we are facing on the phone, we also expect a Complete OS Upgrade to Lollipop 5.0 in the Next update on the phone.

...



Why Not Share This Post? It Takes Just A Second!!


Author: Edi Dominic Ifediri

Best described as a geek with a mixture of skills in drawing comics, Content-Writing, Computing and Mobile technology, this was due to his passion for Arts and Sciences since the age of 14 that he kicked off with the mobile web. He is the Founder/Chief-Editor at EdiTweaks which had almost been noticed as one of Nigeria's Best Tech blogs
You can add me on Facebook., follow my updates on Twitter or your Connections on LinkedIn
By the way, if your website/blog needs some tweaking, custom design or Optimization, you can Contact me here

Come on, hit us with a Comment. Love to hear what you think!

20 comments:

  1. Updated my infinix hot x507 to d current update n am having sme lil bug issues
    -Lcd striped issue is gone nt totally but better than frst n flashes in d background which is not noticeable unless u take a closer luk @ yr screen n happens normally after booting up n eventually corrects itself
    •Battery is dropping down faster than usual !!!!!n had 9Mb update 2dy wit some new apps lyk x'club fr infinix users nyc one!!i want d batterh issue to be fixed up n oh camera ws nt dat clear in room usage lyk frst bt better outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated my infinix hot x507 to d current update n am having sme lil bug issues
    -Lcd striped issue is gone nt totally but better than frst n flashes in d background which is not noticeable unless u take a closer luk @ yr screen n happens normally after booting up n eventually corrects itself
    •Battery is dropping down faster than usual !!!!!n had 9Mb update 2dy wit some new apps lyk x'club fr infinix users nyc one!!i want d batterh issue to be fixed up n oh camera ws nt dat clear in room usage lyk frst bt better outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 12, 2015

    i have not seen the 89mb update yet....but there were two updates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I need to back up my files before updating my infinix hot phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you don't have to back up, your phone may go back to Factory settings after you Update, but you won't loose any data.

      Delete
  5. AnonymousJuly 28, 2015

    Updated it, now am missing some apps. Can't find them anywhere, even on my apps in play store. But I think the folders for the apps are still on the phone and SD card. What do I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange you lost some some Apps after updating? When i did mine there was No Data Loss, rather some new Apps (like Infinix Xclub and WPS Office) were Installed with the update.
      Sorry but I'll suggest you download the Apps again.

      Delete
  6. How long does the update take?... Please

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pls assist me here I jes bgth this phone and I cannot access my gallery like any other phones and I really need to much about the phones pls.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I use the Hot2 too, check the Menu, you will find an App called "Photos" .
      Use that to view your pictures, and for videos Install VLC or MX Player

      Delete
  8. Hi. Please have been having uncompleted downloads of the update file for the infinix hot X507. I don't know what might be the cause. I've tried updating via wifi and mobile Internet even at midnight but will just stop along the line and I would have to restart again still to give same result. Can you please forward the update.zip file to me as an attachment via email so I can update it manually? My email is kayseylawren@gmail.com. Thanks for your assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. shaka OshomahOctober 02, 2015

    Help please I need help updating my Infinix hot X507, first I tried updading from the setting but it got to a point and stopper I tried restarting but it said I have a download tax so I formated the phone started the download again but still resulted to the same thing.please can you send the update to my email in the update.zip format so I can update it manually. My email is shakaoshomah@gmail.com thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's simple, just go to settings >>apps>>all, then select system update and clear data, go back to the system update app to download all over again

      Delete
  10. I already did that, cleared app data but the process is still stuck up. Incomplete download still even on wifi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. please i really need help, i updated my infinix hot X507, i never knew i should unroot the phone before performing the operation and after that my phone only boots to recovery mood and stops. please i will appreciate any help to retrieve the phone or does it mean the phone is damaged permenently???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pls need help,can't pick my calls. D green & red icons when calls are coming in no longer shows. All my calls are turning to missed calls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, if can' pick call due to Green button not showing, that's a strong error.
      You may have to hard-reset your phone, if it's infinix hot x507, just switch it off, press and hold the Power button with the volume down button, a menu will come up, choose Wipe all cache, I am sorry but you will loose all your files during the process, so remove your SDcard before doing it, hope that fixes it.

      Delete
  13. Enter your comment...please I mistakenly uninstalled it. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. After downloading the update my address phone shows framework/something else has unexpected contents pls what should I do

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried updating but there r telling me that my package is invalid I should download another package...how can I get another package

    ReplyDelete


Your Comments are Welcome.
You can Use Google Account To Leave a Comment, if You don't have a Google Account, You can add only Your Name, Click COMMENT AS >> Select NAME/URL >> Put your Name, (Leave URL empty if you don't have a website) >> then Write Your Comment in the Comment box and click Publish.

If you're here to Spam, Sorry, it won't work.

Let's enjoy and have a Reasonable conversation.
Thank You.