Friday

How To Hard Reset Tecno Q1 and Other Android 4.0.x Phones

...

Finally, I decided to move to the top trending smartphone OS in the world right now, Android, so I got an Android smartphone for the first time, a Tecno Q1 running Android 4.0, Ice-cream Sandwich.
Everything about the phone had been cool with me, except the battery performance which I would best describe as "not very reliable".
Any ways, if you own same Tecno Q1 just like me, or some similar Android 4 smartphone, after some time, issues are likely to come up, because

  • Your Cache would be increasing, consuming space in the phone
  • Your Android Phone may be unable to boot up
  • or you could be seeing some strange Apps, and Files which are irrelevant and stubborn to Uninstall.
The Best and Safest way solution to this is to perform a factory reset on your Android phone (recovery mode), this will wipe everything and restore your device to its factory state.
This method works on many Android 4.0 phones, but I specifically used the below method on my Tecno Q1 Android 4 phone and it was reset perfectly.

There are Two method used in Hard Reset, depending on the problem the phone has.
  • Hard reset method 1: used When your phone is Unable to boot up
  • Hard reset method 2: used When the phone can boot up.

NOTE: Hard reset would wipe off all your Data, including all Google Authenticator credentials, so Make sure you do a Back up of all your Important files/folders before performing the Hard Reset.

Hard Reset method 1:

So if the phone wouldn't boot up, Let's Get it Fixed!

1. Hold your Volume Up + Power Button, you're gonna get something like the screenshot below.


recovery menu

After this display on my Tecno Q1, I got confused, all buttons used on other Android phones to bring out the Recovery menu didn't work. Till I realised it's the Home key I had to use.

Hard Reset on Tecno Q1 Android


2. Tap your Home button to bring the "Recovery mode Menu"

system recovery Tecno Q1 Android

Use the Volume Up and Down key to scroll up and down,
3. Scroll down and Select wipe data / factory reset
To select this, Again, Tap your Home button


Hard Reset is now Activated, Select - Yes erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap the Home button.

It would take few seconds to wipe off all the Data, Reboot the phone, and bring it back to it's Factory state.

Hard reset method 2:

If the phone is able to boot on and operate, You can do a Hard Reset right from your Screen
Goto Settings >> Backup & Reset >> Scroll down to Factory Data reset and Confirm this by Clicking "RESET PHONE"

hard reset tecno Q1

Hope this solved some issues you might be facing with your Tecno Q1 or other Android 4.0 smartphone.
Comments are welcome, also kindly take a second to Share with friends.

...



Why Not Share This Post? It Takes Just A Second!!


Author: Edi Dominic Ifediri

Best described as a geek with a mixture of skills in drawing comics, Content-Writing, Computing and Mobile technology, this was due to his passion for Arts and Sciences since the age of 14 that he kicked off with the mobile web. He is the Founder/Chief-Editor at EdiTweaks which had almost been noticed as one of Nigeria's Best Tech blogs
You can add me on Facebook., follow my updates on Twitter or your Connections on LinkedIn
By the way, if your website/blog needs some tweaking, custom design or Optimization, you can Contact me here

Come on, hit us with a Comment. Love to hear what you think!

34 comments:

  1. hi Edi nice blogspot u have, am a blog owner too http://andiseglobals.blogspot.com pls i'd like to have ur NUMBER mine is 08130297662

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls help, I want to change my Q1 language to english, help me with an image of the display since I don't understand the language it is on . Or email me at smith_fre43@yahoo.com , thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know what language your Q1 changed so I can help you with the screenshots to change it back to English.
    In that case, use Google Translate to understand your menu.
    Or follow these Steps
    * Press your Menu key, you should know your Settings options by its Icon (picture of engine), click it.
    * Scroll down to where you find another small Red icon with a Letter "A" in a box.
    * The first option is list of languages.
    There you can Select English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did d whole steps but still not booting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much guy its really help me bcos i'm using ur article to unlock my tecno Q1,thank u so much and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,dis was helpful indeed
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry can this procedure also work for Techno L3 Phones. I tried your method 1, but with luck. Please is there any possible solution you can suggest. I will appreciate your comment on this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there a back button for it, cos I mistakenly entered into "apply update for adb" now I can't get back to the main menu again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remove your battery, reinsert it and enter into recovery mode again

      Delete
    2. Remove and reinsert your battery... then enter recovery mode again

      Delete
  9. You can try this out. It is the best method i have ever tried and it helped

    http://www.techracle.com/best-approach-unlock-android-phones/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanks man my Q1 h˅
    Being giving me some problem nd I dnt no hw 2 reset it bro tank very much

    ReplyDelete
  11. i cant connect my Q1 with my PC....but the phone does charged when it is plugged....pls do u knw what could possibly be the problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When plugged in, it should bring up an Android robot asking you to enter Mass Storage Mode.
      Try another usb cable

      Delete
  12. Pls is there any way to change Q1 applications from displaying in an horizontal manner.tried ma best but it's not working

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pls is there any way to change Q1 applications from displaying in an horizontal manner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please i have been trying to do the reset and it jst stays on that android system logo.wat wld i do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am equally facing the same problem.Someone please help!

      Delete
    2. Did you use the Volume Buttons? Remove the battery and re-insnert it and try again, Press and Hold the Volume up and Power Buttons for some seconds, even when the Android logo shows, keep holding the buttons till the Menu comes up

      Delete
  15. My techno Q1 kips showing "unfortunately android. process.acore has stopped working.. And it always interrupts me anytym i try to type anytin on d fon.. Pls,kindly help me... How do i stop dat msg frm showin on ma screen everytym.

    ReplyDelete
  16. please,any idea on how to unbrick tecno m3.I'd be glad if you can help.It's an emergency

    ReplyDelete
  17. plx ix there any way to destroy a lost p3 techno phone

    ReplyDelete
  18. pls i tried my Q1 lock pattern so many times, now, the phone is telling me to log on with my google account. but with my google account, i cannot log on because the phone is not connected on internet and it could not allow me. pla what do i do? the reset doesnt work pls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that Reset work fine, it solved same problem my friend had. Switch off the phone and follow the steps above carefully.

      Delete
  19. Can dis work tecno m3? My m3 got stuck on a boot loop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it should work, since they come from same manufacturers

      Delete
  20. pls my browser tecno Q1 is not working, help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your Default browser doesn't work, check your network Access point Settings, Or try some Browser like Opera or UCweb for Android
      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  21. This a very informative post.i like this post.you show how to easily android mobilehardreset solution.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. My fone is showing only tecno sign and am trying to wipe data, and it is showing Mount/data error. Please what do i do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't state the Tecno model you are using, if it's the Tecno Q1, you possibly may have picked the wrong option to Hard reset it, remove the battery and Re-insert then follow the Above Steps again

      Delete
  23. how to i solve the problem of my hanging tecno Q1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your Tecno Q1 is hanging then we suggest you remove the Memory card and perform a Hard reset. Hope that helps

      Delete


Your Comments are Welcome.
You can Use Google Account To Leave a Comment, if You don't have a Google Account, You can add only Your Name, Click COMMENT AS >> Select NAME/URL >> Put your Name, (Leave URL empty if you don't have a website) >> then Write Your Comment in the Comment box and click Publish.

If you're here to Spam, Sorry, it won't work.

Let's enjoy and have a Reasonable conversation.
Thank You.