Friday

Restore Lost Files in Avast Antivirus Security Software

...

      If you have Avast, one of the worlds most popular Anti-virus Software running on your computer system, then you certainly must have come across a critical issue whereby this software starts to frequently detect viruses in your Files, and automatically moves them to the Antivirus Chest. The bad news about this is whether these files truly contains viruses or not, this software doesn't wanna know anymore. Making one feel frustrated.

     I had been through an exact situation using the new Avast version 7, i am not sure of why it happened, maybe it's because I updated the Virus Definitions or something, but I tell you, I felt quite bad, because I was loosing files that were relevant to me, I was confused at first, yet the fact remained that except I perform some operations in the Avast Security Software, there's was no way I was going to get these Files back.
Now, if you find yourself in the same situation like me, you should do what I did to get them Restored back to my PC.

Here's What I did:
  • Launch the Avast Security Software, you can also find it by Clicking your Windows Start button >> All Programs, you'll see a list of all Programs installed on your PC, take a closer look at the list, you'll find it. The software opens displaying Summary with Updates...
  •  Click MAINTENANCE
  • Right underneath it, you find Virus Chest, click it


Here you'll find a list of all the files you lost that the Avast software had moved to Chest, simply select the file, right-click your mouse, you see an Option telling you to Restore it back to your System, click it, then your lost file(s) will be successfully recovered back to where it was before.


    ...



    Why Not Share This Post? It Takes Just A Second!!


    Author: Edi Dominic Ifediri

    Best described as a geek with a mixture of skills in drawing comics, Content-Writing, Computing and Mobile technology, this was due to his passion for Arts and Sciences since the age of 14 that he kicked off with the mobile web. He is the Founder/Chief-Editor at EdiTweaks which had almost been noticed as one of Nigeria's Best Tech blogs
    You can add me on Facebook., follow my updates on Twitter or your Connections on LinkedIn
    By the way, if your website/blog needs some tweaking, custom design or Optimization, you can Contact me here

    Come on, hit us with a Comment. Love to hear what you think!

    5 comments:

    1. I’ve been looking for ways to find out where those files that suddenly disappeared went. A common problem with anti-virus software is that they keep detecting false positives (they think that a file has a virus when it doesn’t). This results in non-malicious files getting deleted, and on occasion, these files pertain to very important data. This has been a big help. I’ve been using avast for a very long time now not knowing the settings could help restore my files. This article helped me a lot, and I am certain that it could help a lot of people too.

      Ruby Badcoe

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for your grateful comment @Ruby, I'm glad the article post helped you.

      ReplyDelete
    3. yes, it is very helpful, but I can not open the folder which is restored in this way. what should I do?

      ReplyDelete
    4. I have followed the same way as you described. most of my files were in my external hard drive, but whenever I'm restoring them back and trying to open I got message that the files can't be open. same issue as above....

      ReplyDelete
    5. I think antivirus must install for any internet connected machine. I have a Android Tablet and I'm using paid anti virus which i think give good performance than other.

      Internet Explorer Deleting Tips

      ReplyDelete


    Your Comments are Welcome.
    You can Use Google Account To Leave a Comment, if You don't have a Google Account, You can add only Your Name, Click COMMENT AS >> Select NAME/URL >> Put your Name, (Leave URL empty if you don't have a website) >> then Write Your Comment in the Comment box and click Publish.

    If you're here to Spam, Sorry, it won't work.

    Let's enjoy and have a Reasonable conversation.
    Thank You.